Tribal Leadership - Create the place where you long to belong
Do you hope that one day all the office politics will be replaced by a common and worthwhile cause? Do you wish you could be part of a winning team? Do you dream of working in a place where you belong?
Every organisation is made up of tribes, naturally occurring groups of between 20 – 150 people. And even though each tribe is different they have one thing in common: organisational culture.
Join us to learn about Tribal Leadership, a practical model for leveraging natural groups to create organisations that thrive. Learn how you can help transform your work experience into what you want it to be by focusing on language and behaviour within a culture.
You’ll get the chance to identify the stage you and your tribe are in and the next stage you want to move towards. Working in pairs, triads and as a whole group, you’ll leave the session with a roadmap of your own to take your tribe towards “Innocent Wonderment”.
- The Five Stages of Tribal Leadership
- Stage 5 – Innocent Wonderment: “We’re great and so are they”
- Stage 4 – Tribal Pride: “We’re great they’re not”
- Stage 3 – Lone Warrior: “I’m great you’re not”
- Stage 2 – Apathetic Victim: “My life sucks”
- Stage 1 – Despairing Hostility: “Life sucks”
- Learn about tribal dynamics through the Tribal Leadership model
- Identify the current stage of you and your tribe
- Come up with ways to move you and your tribe to the next stage
- Increased self-awareness and understanding of your workplace
- Hands-on experience of applying the Tribal Leadership model to yourself and your organisation
- A personalised Tribal Leadership roadmap to move your tribe towards “Innocent Wonderment”
About Portia Tung & Ozlem Yuce
Portia Tung is the creator of Agile Fairytales and is passionate about people, process and continuous improvement. She is a consultant-coach, storyteller, and games maker who combines business strategies with play to bring about positive organisational change. Portia is an international speaker, and the creator of concepts such as Playmaking and Enterprise Gardening. She shares her insights and experiences as a coach and parent on her blog Selfish Programming. Portia is also the author of The Dream Team Nightmare, the first ever Agile novel where your decisions determine the outcome of the story. If you’ve enjoyed the Agile Fairytales, you’ll love this first novel in the Agile Adventures series created by Portia.
Özlem Yüce is a passionate, highly skilled and knowledgeable consultant, coach and trainer of Lean and Agile principles and practices. With over 6 years of international experience in this field she provides advice and guidance to senior leaders and teams helping them to improve the way they work. She helps organizations to innovate faster by changing the way people think and act in the complex environments that they work in. Özlem regularly speaks at international conferences and blogs at agileatheart.com